Background

Thursday, March 1, 2012

God Will Get You Through It

I recently heard my husband talking to someone about different things that were going on in that person's life. Let me tell you, that person had been through a lot of stuff. Toward the end of the conversation, Robert said, "You sure have been through a lot of things, but God brought you through every one of those things, and He'll bring you through this, too."

Isn't it great to be able to have such confidence in our God? David wrote,

"Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil; for You are with me."

David wasn't camped out in the shadow of death, he was going through it. He wasn't sitting down in the middle of the valley, asking God why he was there. He wasn't asking God where He was throughout all of it, because David knew: God was there, and God was getting him through it.

Our lives are the same. When we are in the middle of a crisis, God is there, and He is helping us get through it....one day at a time. A few months ago, I was in the middle of one of those 'valley of death' moments. I felt like everything in my life was crashing down around me. You know what, though? That was probably one of the biggest moments in my life when I knew God was there, wrapping His hands around me and guiding me through it. And now, on the other side of that, I know that was the case.

Being a child of God means you live a blessed life. Because I am a child of the Almighty King's, I am able to go through life without fear, because God is there. I am able to face any and all uncertainties this life has to offer, because I am His. I know that His words are true, and He has promised that He will never leave me or forsake me (Heb. 13:5). Sure, there will be times when I am faced with trials. But when those trials and those 'valley of death' moments arise, I can be assured of at least two things:

One, God thinks I'm strong enough (1 Cor. 10:13) and two, God is by my side (Psalm 23:4).

No comments:

Post a Comment