Background

Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Tough Stuff Tuesday: Seeing God in Trials

I have two precious friends who are in the midst of a trial right now. Their first child, Cullin, was born on Sunday night with some serious health issues. He has been on nitric oxide and a ventilator, and will have open heart surgery sometime soon.

I can only imagine what they're going through. I can only offer prayers on their behalf, because I simply do not know anything else more powerful. And yet, I read this message from a strong, godly new mom this morning:

"In our weakness, God's strength is so evident. Please continue to pray that God will continue to strengthen precious Cullin."

How many of us would be able to boldly, calmly say those things while facing such uncertainty and heartache? How many of us would ACTUALLY lean on the Lord for His support, and trust that He knows best--when we're actually thrust into the trial?

It's so easy to say we trust. It's so easy to say we'd rely on Him. But how faithful would we actually be to that end?

I am so thankful that I have two special friends, a dear brother and sister in Christ Jesus, who are showing me what it truly means to trust and depend on our Almighty Father. I will continue to pray for their precious newborn, and also for myself--that should I ever be faced with such a difficult and trying moment, that my strength would come from God and my trust would be ever in Him.

Please join me in praying for these two special people and their little boy.

"The LORD looks from heaven; He sees all the sons of men. From the place of His dwelling He looks on all the inhabitants of the earth; He fashions their hearts individually; He considers all their works....Behold, the eye of the LORD is on those who fear Him, on those who hope in His mercy, to deliver their soul form death, and to keep them alive in famine. Our soul waits for the Lord, He is our help and our shield. For our heart shall rejoice in Him, because we have trusted in His holy name. Let Your mercy, O LORD, be upon us, just as we hope in You." -Psalm 33:13-15, 18-22 (emp. mine)




No comments:

Post a Comment